Essendon Videos

riley13riley13 Younger and not as fat as you

Not sure if we had a thread prior to Blitz Crash dedicated to collecting the many Essendon related video's out on the net into one place, so if we didn't we do now..

Anyone remember this?

Feel free to add whatever Essendon video you've got and we'll see what sort of 'database' we can come up with. 

Comments

• Bombers08Bombers08 On the Gleeson Bandwagon!

What a shot! Haha. Was this planned?

• riley13riley13 Younger and not as fat as you

I have a nagging suspicion it was a set up, still brilliant regardless. Used to love this video as a youngster, spent hours in the backyard trying to snap the footy through a window in the shed to be like Hirdy!

edited September 2013

Two of the great Essendon performances.

•  

I have a nagging suspicion it was a set up, still brilliant regardless. Used to love this video as a youngster, spent hours in the backyard trying to snap the footy through a window in the shed to be like Hirdy!

you can tell it's fake because of the branding of the football that hits the camera at the end.

edited November 2013

• I've got heaps of videos from the 1980's but they're on beta.  I would need help to get them up for this format.

I've got heaps of videos from the 1980's but they're on beta.  I would need help to get them up for this format.

Sounds fantastic, I'm sure there's someone on here capable of giving you a hand. Not me though sadly!

• Still looking for the series of presentations at James Hird's Living Legend dinner - particularly Doc Reid's. There was some funny stuff that night. Almost a roast more than a celebration.

• just found this on youtube. not a great clip but still interesting to watch:

Always thought Jobe was a better player than Timmy.

But after watching that vid of Tim (yes, I know it's a highlights vid) I can't say the same thing.

Absolute champion, that goal against Adelaide is 'out of this world'. Let's hope Jobe wins a premiership medal, just like his dad.

• David J RichardsonDavid J Richardson Relevant Avatar King

Tim smashes Jobe on acceleration and top speed (love the goal against Geelong about a third of the way into that video) — yes, he's much shorter but given player inflation over the years he had much the same size advantage over his normal opposition. Even to the extent he once played on Wayne Carey and destroyed him (Carey may have had a niggling injury on that day).

But it remains a fact that I never noticed Tim as much as I do Jobe. I'd come away from a game and go "really? He had that many possessions and was given BOG?" It happened often enough that the memory sticks.

(My experience of Tim live is almost entirely from late 1989.)

• 'Even to the extent he once played on Wayne Carey and destroyed him (Carey may have had a niggling injury on that day).'

Thanks for reminding me, read one of my fathers books (don't remember which one, he has so many on/about Essendon history) re Tim Watson.

A snippet from when Tim Watson played on Wayne Carey.

Don't remember the exact words, but something like this,

Carey to Watson: How come your on me today, you have never played down back before?

Watson to Carey: Yes I have, for Dimboola under 12's.

LOL's by both of them.

• DiggersDiggers Tank fly boss walk jam nitty-gritty

Silly question, but was T Watson a left or right footer? Because I can't tell from that video.

• Silly question, but was T Watson a left or right footer? Because I can't tell from that video.

Timmy was a right footer. Though a a religious left footer.

Can't have an EFC vid's thread without this!

• David J RichardsonDavid J Richardson Relevant Avatar King

Can't have an EFC vid's thread without this!

Mods, please replace with non-MMM "commentary"… That is seriously ugly rubbish.

Sorry DJR, I didn't notice that. For the one's that rather Ch.10 commentary:

• vinnievinnie Red & Black
  • Just stumbled across this. I'm not even sure if a lot of this would be allowed these days, but I think it would be beneficial. Is also rather hilarious.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWou6XX5jyY[/media]

PS: keep an ear out for an out-of-frame comment missed by the censors at 3:11.

• 32Pride32Pride 32 proud years of EFC membership

Just stumbled across this. I'm not even sure if a lot of this would be allowed these days, but I think it would be beneficial. Is also rather hilarious.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWou6XX5jyY[/media]

PS: keep an ear out for an out-of-frame comment missed by the censors at 3:11.

Ha ha thats my vid. You got this from my youtube upload. Share and share alike!

• Blummers32Blummers32 Take my advice — I'm not using it

Here's a big win against the Blues for your Tuesday afternoon entertainment. 

Who's the Thomas fella that gets a kick at 9.35?

•  

Paul Thomas.

Was a Magarey Medalist the year before we drafted him. He played in a WIzard Cup game, first kick went OOTF I think. I was really excited about him but he didn't get many senior games and was delisted after only 1-2 seasons.

That also reminds me of Ben Jolley who starred in the reserves for years, finally got elevated, played a couple of good senior games then also got the ****.

Paul Thomas.

Was a Magarey Medalist the year before we drafted him. He played in a WIzard Cup game, first kick went OOTF I think. I was really excited about him but he didn't get many senior games and was delisted after only 1-2 seasons.

That also reminds me of Ben Jolley who starred in the reserves for years, finally got elevated, played a couple of good senior games then also got the ****.

Ben Jolly ended up doing his teaching rounds in my history class last year. Still playing at Williamstown IIRC.