Predictions for 2017

I terms of football and EFC what do you reckon will happen next year?

Post thoughts here.

l will kick it off, James Stewart will play on ANZAC day, will kick 2 goals and Essendon will win. We will also play in the finals.

Comments

• westozziebomberwestozziebomber you know what time it is
    That il be pouring a jug over my head post game at THE ROYAL round 1
  • Sameolds2010Sameolds2010 Everything is awesome
    I'll just generally say stupid things that annoy serious people
  • Won't make finals, will improve. 2018 will be our year to win a final.
  • westozziebomberwestozziebomber you know what time it is
    Belted anzac day probably
  • If we don't win round 1, I'll be making calls to 'play the kids' and rebuild the list.
  • Captain JackCaptain Jack Long - Range Bomber

I'll just generally say stupid things that annoy serious people

Concur... keep up the good work.
  • bringbackzantuckbringbackzantuck I witnessed the great Chancer argument of 2016
    First club to 17.
  • 1. We will give Hawthorn the 'Mother of all Hidings' in Rd.1

2. Smash Collingwood to smithereens on ANZAC Day.
    Sidebottom's game will abruptly come to an end 12mins into the 1st qtr after an Ambrose bump.

3. Jobe and Zerrett tie for the Brownlow.
    They both refuse to accept it !

4. We win the Flag easily, despite being on the wrong end of a 17 - 5 Free Kick count.

5. James Hird wins 57 Million euros in the European Lottery.

6. I win 2 courtside seats, airfares, and spending money to Game 7 Cavs v GSW (not footy related obviously, but I was on a roll)
  • We will finish Top 4, win a final but get knocked out in PF, probably in Sydney, with some one sided umpiring thrown in for good measure.
  • This year Essendon had a 3:19 season.
    Next year, 19:3
    They will top the ladder, play off in the GF and claim flag no 17

Zac will take his game to the next level, kick more goals and win the Brownlow
    McGrath to take out the Rising Star Award
    Joe to kick 70 goals
    Hooker 50

Goddard, Watson and Stanton retire as premiership players with Watson claiming best on ground in the GF
  • beastiebeastie ill communication
    In all honesty, I think it will take about 4 rounds before we see what sort of team we have this year. Some quarters will look great but not full games.

Usual posters will be saying essington
  • This year Essendon had a 3:19 season.
    Next year, 19:3
    They will top the ladder, play off in the GF and claim flag no 17

Zac will take his game to the next level, kick more goals and win the Brownlow
    McGrath to take out the Rising Star Award
    Joe to kick 70 goals
    Hooker 50

Goddard, Watson and Stanton retire as premiership players with Watson claiming best on ground in the GF

• - Finish 6th, win a final against a rival Vic club (I'm thinking Dees or Pies) and then suffer a narrow loss to Crows or Swans the following week.

- Two of Gleeson, McKenna, Dea & McGrath lock themselves in as best 22 players by season's end.

- Joey has a day out along the way, kicking a bag of 7 goals.

- Langford has a purple patch over 5-6 weeks as a roaming midfielder/HFFer, building towards becoming one of the best young players in the competition.

- Parish forced to spend a few weeks in the VFL due to the blistering form of the returning suspended players, including some career-best football from Ben Howlett.

- Jobe to have his best season since 2012, reminding the football world of his character and ability.
  • Humble NSW FanHumble NSW Fan Changing the rules to suit.
    I believe we can play finals next year.

I think we will start slowly and get better as the year goes on.

We can win round 1, ANZAC day and a final.

LID off up here.
  • DeckhamDeckham Going down swinging
    The usual morbid downer Blitz crew will hang shiit on anything we win, and highlight anything we falter at, with cries of 'essington' because they have miserable lives and like spreading it around.
  • mdsomdso Remembering Nicky'd

That il be pouring a jug over my head post game at THE ROYAL round 1

I'd really WOB like to see that where is The Royal please?

• FTWinderlichFTWinderlich ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Reckon we'll finish 5th
  • BLOODSTAINED DEVILSBLOODSTAINED DEVILS Senior Player / Devils Advocate. - "Only The Truth Will Set Us Truly Free"
    edited December 2016
    Deckham said:

The usual morbid downer Blitz crew will hang shiit on anything we win, and highlight anything we falter at, with cries of 'essington' because they have miserable lives and like spreading it around.

Winner of most succinct post on the sad subject.('s)

lmao
  • Bomber BillyBomber Billy has a big black
    Richmond 9th
  • RebootReboot If the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Richmond 9th

After claiming it is the best list they have ever had, and predicting they will clean sweep the next 25 flags.
  • Paddy Ambrose to knock the **** out of Mitchell one minute into the 1st quarter. When Mitchell wakes up after half time, Paddy to do it again and be the first player to be awarded life membership during the game. Bombers win by 115
  • FTWinderlichFTWinderlich ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Richmond will be bottom 4
  • aboodsaboods Distant Sniper

Richmond 9th

Back to their best!!!
  • YossarianYossarian Follow AFL? No, I follow Essendon
    Lions - spoon

Buckley and Eades - sacked

Geelong - one of danger or selwood will go down with injury early and they will miss the 8 because of it

Norf - will get an armchair ride from the umps and their coach will still whinge

Richmond - 9th

Hawthorn - will lose their aura and teams will prey on them.

GWS - will finish on top and still somehow get 5 first round picks in the draft

Melbourne - will look like potential premiers one week then lose to Brisbane the next.

Bombers - a bloke wearing number 17 will slot the winning goal to secure flag 17 in 2017
  • aboodsaboods Distant Sniper
    Yossarian said:

Lions - spoon

Buckley and Eades - sacked

Geelong - one of danger or selwood will go down with injury early and they will miss the 8 because of it

Norf - will get an armchair ride from the umps and their coach will still whinge

Richmond - 9th

Hawthorn - will lose their aura and teams will prey on them.

GWS - will finish on top and still somehow get 5 first round picks in the draft

Melbourne - will look like potential premiers one week then lose to Brisbane the next.

Bombers - a bloke wearing number 17 will slot the winning goal to secure flag 17 in 2017

I like most of that. Don't see how Richmond will get anywhere near 9th. Closer to 19th I reckon
  • edited December 2016
    Early ladder prediction:

GWS
    Sydney
    Geelong
    Bulldogs
    Adelaide
    St Kilda
    Hawthorn
    Essendon

Melbourne
    West Coast
    Port Adelaide
    Fremantle
    Collingwood
    Gold Coast
    Carlton
    Richmond
    North Melbourne
    Brisbane

If we make the finals I am putting $100 over the bar for Blitz as per my bet with Bloodstained Devils. I don't know why, but I'm feeling a bit more bullish than I was back then.

Hurley and Jobe re-committing certainly helps.
  • The Red and Black PartisanThe Red and Black Partisan Never Forget, Never Forgive.
    I predict the 2000 team will be labeled the second best team ever.
  • kingbeano said:

Paddy Ambrose to knock the **** out of Mitchell one minute into the 1st quarter. When Mitchell wakes up after half time, Paddy to do it again and be the first player to be awarded life membership during the game. Bombers win by 115

had a lot of favourites over the years but this one wins The James Hird medal !!!
  • kingbeano said:

Paddy Ambrose to knock the **** out of Mitchell one minute into the 1st quarter. When Mitchell wakes up after half time, Paddy to do it again and be the first player to be awarded life membership during the game. Bombers win by 115

We'll beat the Eagles by 115pts?

I love that prediction...oh and the Mitchell getting buried by Ambrose in the same game too.

Doesn't get any better than that.

• MendozaaaaMendozaaaa Love the game, hate the league
    Barnz said:

Won't make finals, will improve. 2018 will be our year to win a final.

People are underestimating that half the team haven't played with each other, and under Worsfold. I'd be happy if we strung a few wins together after the Bye, which in recent years is something we've struggled with.