The continuing death of journalism

ZimmerZimmer Put the pointy pencil in the pepper-po.
"THE heartbroken stepdad of missing Boronia teen Siriyakorn “Bung’’ Siriboon has spoken about the “hole” she has left in his life, five years after her mysterious disappearance."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/outer-east/missing-teen-bung-siriboons-dad-speaks-about-the-hole-in-his-life-since-her-disappearance/news-story/c5ac05ae0c15e1f683f20f6446cbb02c

I don't know if the journo though they were being clever, they are stupid or just plain insensitive, but there you go.

This thread is a place for such abominations, of which there are plenty.

Comments

• Surely not deliberate. Surely.
  • DavoDavo Country member
    oh my...
  • Sameolds2010Sameolds2010 Everything is awesome
    Bungholio
  • DeckhamDeckham Going down swinging
    Oh come on
  • JBOMBERJBOMBER Top Bloke - just ask me
    Even if deliberate its still more creative than the majority of dribble being published.
    edited May 2016
    edit
  • Here's one from the Age.

Muhammad Ali in 'grave' condition
    1:50PM
    Boxing legend's daughter 'appreciates the outpouring of love' as father remains in hospital.

Contains: This article contains a video.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/#ixzz4Aa5wO3c3
    Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
  • All the news everywhere is reporting that he has passed away.

• simmo41simmo41 IS PROBABLY BEING FACETIOUS
    fmd!!!! legend????? star????? wtf??????
  • Have a look at the quality of the other articles on that site though. Made for farkwits.
  • Only good thing they've done is tell us about the Williams panic room incident.
  • Captain JackCaptain Jack Long - Range Bomber
    http://tv.press.abc.net.au/foreign-correspondent-a-fleeting-freedom#

Not exactly in the spirit of this thread, but l urge all Blitzers to watch this one tonight, and if possible get involved, to help free 7 innocent men.
  • ZimmerZimmer Put the pointy pencil in the pepper-po.

All the news everywhere is reporting that he has passed away.

All the news everywhere should be that reporting has passed away.
  • ZimmerZimmer Put the pointy pencil in the pepper-po.
    edited June 2016
    Polarising highs and lows of Ben Cousins
    AS his former Eagles teammates this week celebrate the 10th anniversary of their 2006 premiership, Ben Cousins is recovering after again unravelling in public - just another part of his sad spiral.

Just the title. Cousins' highs and lows are extreme, but I don't think they are polarising. Polar? Polarised?
  • IceTempleIceTemple Always Elite
    I do not think that person understands what polarising means
  • IceTemple said:

Yeah, but the north and south poles are high and low, right?

IceTemple said:

They could be low and high, if you stood upside down, you know.
  • Deckham said:

IceTemple said:

They could be low and high, if you stood upside down, you know.
    That could turn my entire perspective on it's head!
  • hambohambo reserves
    Today a high profile journalist slammed, shirtfronted, hit out at, took on, carried on like a boring ****. In reality all he did was have a bit of a sook. You suck!
  • Man admits guilt over DIY testicle surgery

1:59PM
    A man accused of slicing off a man's testicle in a NSW motel room has pleaded guilty to a charge of removing a person's tissue without proper consent.

DIY means Do It Yourself and obviously, knackers here had someone else do it for him... The other bloke having the stones for the undertaking.

Not a complete cock-up by the media, but a balls up just the same.
  • Alan_Noonan_10Alan_Noonan_10 Iconoclast and blasphemer

Man admits guilt over DIY testicle surgery

A man accused of slicing off a man's testicle in a NSW motel room has pleaded guilty to a charge of removing a person's tissue without proper consent.

DIY means Do It Yourself and obviously, knackers here had someone else do it for him... The other bloke having the stones for the undertaking.

Well, the bloke was nuts...before the surgery.
  • Man admits guilt over DIY testicle surgery

Well, the bloke was nuts...before the surgery.
    Yes, well he won't be known as Nuts now.
  • How many of these wankers (Afl accredited media) claim to be "best in the business " or "biggest news breaker in football".

I laugh every time I hear it.
  • edited July 2016
    As a Bomberblitz accredited poster and known as amongst the "best in the business" I have the biggest breaking news in football.

And the news is - AFL accredited media are the most gutless, cowardly, cow-towing ar$e wipes in the world. Oh, and they're often out and out wrong or liars.

Ah, what's that? You've heard all that before. But - But it's now in Bomberblitz, so therefore it must be true.

Carry on as you were.
  • McQuade said:

How many of these wankers (Afl accredited media) claim to be "best in the business " or "biggest news breaker in football".

I laugh every time I hear it.

Like a boastful peddler... of lies.
  • simmo41simmo41 IS PROBABLY BEING FACETIOUS

As a Bomberblitz accredited poster and known as amongst the "best in the business" I have the biggest breaking news in football.

And the news is - AFL accredited media are the most gutless, cowardly, cow-towing ar$e wipes in the world. Oh, and they're often out and out wrong or liars.

Ah, what's that? You've heard all that before. But - But it's now in Bomberblitz, so therefore it must be true.

Carry on as you were.

Calling shenanigans on the use of the word "news"
  • wimmera1wimmera1 You know I'm right.
    You can't report on the bloke who pays your wage.
  • As a Bomberblitz accredited poster and known as amongst the "best in the business" I have the biggest breaking news in football.

Carry on as you were.

yerp...I've said it recently and I'll say it once again.....sine nomine is my new favourite blitz poster.

That is all...carry on.