NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Anyone been following the Chargers @ Joey Bosa hold out saga! Bosa taken at #3 in draft, haggling with chargers over how he will be paid 25 mill. Still hasn't signed. Going to end ugly for the kid.
  • oggy61 said:

Anyone been following the Chargers @ Joey Bosa hold out saga! Bosa taken at #3 in draft, haggling with chargers over how he will be paid 25 mill. Still hasn't signed. Going to end ugly for the kid.

Yeh, first hold out since 2011 I believe. Since then the slotted salaries have prevented this kind of thing.
    Chargers hold all the cards, so you'd imagine Bosa will fold.
  • Hope he does fold but there's been a lot said and it will be a major back down if he does. Interesting to see how it plays out. Hoping the Chargers will be big improvers this year.
  • Romo out for 6-10 weeks with a fractured vertebrae.
  • oggy61 said:

Anyone been following the Chargers @ Joey Bosa hold out saga! Bosa taken at #3 in draft, haggling with chargers over how he will be paid 25 mill. Still hasn't signed. Going to end ugly for the kid.

Bosa finally signs with the Chargers. Seems both sides gave a little.

• Bosa finally signs with the Chargers. Seems both sides gave a little.

Good news. It will be interesting to see how he goes. He was a beast in college football; it will be interesting to see how hard the step up from there to the pros will be.
  • barry_day said:
    This is all that anyone is talking about in SF. Funnily enough the Niners had a LITTLE positive momentum going with a new coach and some new players. Its all gone.

I respect Kap's right to speak his mind and make a stand. Not sure it was the right time or place.

This story is only going to get bigger.
  • Sorry Vikings fans. Looks like your QB Bridgewater has just suffered a serious knee injury :(
  • Azza78 said:

Any interest in a fantasy comp this season? I know it didn't get off the ground last season, but thought I might see if anyone was keen...

I would be keen
  • redbull said:

Azza78 said:

Any interest in a fantasy comp this season? I know it didn't get off the ground last season, but thought I might see if anyone was keen...

I would be keen
    Me too.
  • goldengoosegoldengoose Everything bombers since 1981
    Poor Teddy..done before the year!
  • Poor Teddy..done before the year!

Could be and some. Bad ACL tear and dislocation.
    Yeah its not good. Vikings in mad rush for a Quality QB
  • Yeah its not good. Vikings in mad rush for a Quality QB

KAEPERNICK!!!
    DonMania said:

KAEPERNICK!!!

I said Quality QB..hahaha. Na he's alright
  • DonMania said:

KAEPERNICK!!!

I was actually going to asterisk my post :)

Kaepernick has lost about 9kg of muscle on account of going vegan so beyond just ability not sure how strong he is relative to his past.
  • DonMania said:

KAEPERNICK!!!

They'll probably end up with Geno. ;)
    DonMania said:

DonMania said:

KAEPERNICK!!!

I was actually going to asterisk my post :)

Kaepernick has lost about 9kg of muscle on account of going vegan so beyond just ability not sure how strong he is relative to his past.
    All put back on in his hair!

• Eric Reid from the Niners and Jeremy Lane from the Seahawks have joined Kap in not standing for the anthem...
    Bradford to the VIkings. Massive.
  • Bradford to the VIkings. Massive.

Eagles make out like bandits and get Vikings' first-round draft pick in 2017 as well as a conditional fourth-rounder in 2018.

Sanchez cut by the Broncos, off to the Cowboys.

• Watched the Florida State vs Ole Miss game today, what a ripper. Ole Miss got away early and before half time were up 28-6. Looked all over. Noles got a late TD right before half time, to make it 28-13.
    Then the second half, and the Nole comeback. Nole offence rack up 214 yards to Miss -7, brilliant to watch and see how quickly momentum can shift.
    Ended up 45-36 to the Noles. The Noles Freshman QB did a great job after getting smacked up early. Would of loved to have been there as there is no better atmosphere in sport that when the War chant is up and running. Been a great start to the college FB season with some big upsets.
  • Friday we start the season in a replay of The Super Bowl.
    Have absolutely no idea what to expect out of my Bronc's this season.
    Our D should still be very strong but with Siemian chucking the ball who knows how the offensive line is going to fare?
    Thinking we will probably start slow and get better as the season progresses.
    We are also facing tough opposition with The Chiefs and Raiders getting tougher all the time.
  • Friday we start the season in a replay of The Super Bowl.
    Our D should still be very strong but with Siemian chucking the ball who knows how the offensive line is going to fare?
    We are also facing tough opposition with The Chiefs and Raiders getting tougher all the time.

Not worried about the Chargers? Think they will surprise. Lost about 8 games last year by 8 or less points. Best QB in the division. Hoping for big improve this year.
  • oggy61 said:

Friday we start the season in a replay of The Super Bowl.

Not worried about the Chargers? Think they will surprise. Lost about 8 games last year by 8 or less points. Best QB in the division. Hoping for big improve this year.
    To be honest even though I agree with you about Rivers I can't see the Chargers winning our division.
    Look at how many games The Chiefs strung together last year.
    Who knows though we might have a big fall from grace and The Chiefs as per usual find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Anything is possible I guess.
    Headed to the Imperial tomorrow for the game...gonna be day drunk
  • Tebow is following in the footsteps of MJ.

Except he has the footballing ability of Brian Scalabrine.
  • Predictions:
    NFC Champs - Cardinals
    AFC Champs - Raiders (yeah, I know)
    Superbowl - Cardinals