NFL 2016/17

goldengoosegoldengoose Everything bombers since 1981
edited April 2016 in The Sports Bar
Ready for the Draft this Fri/Sat/Sun.

Speak of Pats going after a QB late in the draft. As long as they get some Offensive line help I will be happy.

Comments

• We have Jimmy already? Or are they looking for someone as a back-up for (potentially) the first four rounds?
  • goldengoosegoldengoose Everything bombers since 1981
    Back up needed for sure. If Tom is playing for 5 more years Jimmy wont be around.
  • Azza78Azza78 He's big, he's red, his feet hang off the bed!
    Goff goes #1 to the Rams, Wentz #2 to Philly.

First round hasn't thrown up too many surprises yet.
  • Azza78 said:

Bronco's trade up to take Paxton Lynch.
    I guess that rules out Kap or Bradford. I hear sighs of relief.
    Kinda surprised the Redskins took a WR in the 1st round. Even more surprised that WR wasn't Treadwell
  • Fitzpatrick tells the Jets he'll sit until they up his offer.
  • Azza78 said:

Kinda surprised the Redskins took a WR in the 1st round. Even more surprised that WR wasn't Treadwell

Doctson is arguably better than Treadwell
    Paxton Lynch walks straight in as starter doesn't he?

Pats start tomorrow. Would love it if Braxton Miller was still around..QB come WR again
    barry_day said:

Azza78 said:

Doctson is arguably better than Treadwell
    Probably is. Admittedly didn't know much about him, heard more about Treadwell as the best WR in the draft.

Really thought we'd draft for D with our first pick though
  • Tunsil LOL.

That happens before the AFL draft, you don't get picked up and struggle to make it ever again.

In the NFL, you still get taken in the first round.
  • Tunsil LOL.

That happens before the AFL draft, you don't get picked up and struggle to make it ever again.

In the NFL, you still get taken in the first round.

Was thinking the same thing today whilst having a laugh.
  • barry_day said:

Azza78 said:

Bronco's trade up to take Paxton Lynch.
    I guess that rules out Kap or Bradford. I hear sighs of relief.
    There are no sighs of relief - Sanchez will start.
    Adam Gotsis goes to Denver...good aussie talent DT
    Amazed we got a QB in Brissett. Poor mans Winston
  • barry_daybarry_day blah
    edited May 2016

Adam Gotsis goes to Denver...good aussie talent DT

2nd round !!
    Lachlan Edwards, Australian punter got drafted by the Jets in the 7th round.
    But right after the draft, the Jets also signed Tom Hackett, also Australian!
  • Great to have moved back to San Francisco after 3 yrs in enemy territory in Seattle. Can start not-hating numericals like "12" etc :)
  • In the biggest non-surprise, Hayne quits the 49ers to play 7s for Fiji.
    I reckon he was going to be cut anyway.
  • IceTempleIceTemple Always Elite
    barry_day said:

In the biggest non-surprise, Hayne quits the 49ers to play 7s for Fiji.
    I reckon he was going to be cut anyway.

Of course he was. Funny though there are some attacking him for giving up. He saw the writing on the wall and decided to get out once a strong offer was made by Fiji.
  • Welcome to Essendon - Jarryd Hayne

Sidenote .... Dick Ings says Hayne is not eligible to compete in Rio anyway as he hasn't had 6 months in a WADA-complaint sport
  • Gold.
  • Alan_Noonan_10Alan_Noonan_10 Iconoclast and blasphemer
    Parramatta won't be able to afford him back either.
  • Rocky IVRocky IV ...............Ill get me coat...
    Wonder what his next life long dream will be?
    edited May 2016

Welcome to Essendon - Jarryd Hayne

Sidenote .... Dick Ings says Hayne is not eligible to compete in Rio anyway as he hasn't had 6 months in a WADA-complaint sport

Is that serious?
  • DiggersDiggers Tank fly boss walk jam nitty-gritty
    Rocky IV said:

Wonder what his next life long dream will be?

To be fair you've only got a few years where the opportunity to do something is available. I admire him for having a go at it and succeeding to some degree. Good luck to him.
  • IceTemple said:

Welcome to Essendon - Jarryd Hayne

Is that serious?
    Apparently yes.

Former ASADA boss Richard Ings tweeted that the NFL is not a WADA compliant sport, meaning Hayne would not qualify under the drug testing regulations.

"Slight problem mate. World Rugby require you to be in their registered testing pool 6 months to be eligible to play," he tweeted.

The NFL is not a signatory to the WADA code, and as a result, Ings suggests that Hayne would not have passed the necessary testing within six months of competing at a WADA event, such as the Olympics.

Ings called the NFL performance-enhancing "badlands", saying Hayne had "no chance" of representing Fiji in the rugby sevens in Rio.

Ings was ASADA's inaugural chief exectuive and chairman when it replaced the Australian Sports Drug Agency in 2006. He was replaced in 2010 after tensions arose within the organisation as a result of his dual roles. He originally made headlines as 22-year old tennis umpire who drew the wrath of John McEnroe during a US Open match against Slobodan Zivojinovicn in 1987.

Hayne has not responded to Ings' claims.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/us-sports/jarryd-hayne-no-certainty-for-fiji-rugby-sevens-olympic-team-after-nfl-retirement-20160515-govsfx.html#ixzz48m6WINQD

Yes it is serious and one of the most stupid things ever. Wada should have no say in this and it should not be a rule. If they have taken PEDS then test them as soon as the join the new team and it will show up and you can ban their asses but you should not be able to ban them simply because they haven't been tested before.

Too much power for this ridiculous organisation.
  • Rocky IVRocky IV ...............Ill get me coat...
    Dick Ings finds a way to be relevant. He'll milk this for a week or two more.
  • DiggersDiggers Tank fly boss walk jam nitty-gritty
    Does Dings have a job because he seemingly has a lot of time to spare on commentary and opinion-farming.
  • Shouldn't the dude be playing for Australia anyway?
  • jonovdpjonovdp The Sense of Reason
    I heard a news segment about this on ABC. They didn't explain the 6 months regulation. I just took it as, "he's been playing in a sport which isn't WADA registered, which is assumed he's been taking banned substances."