#6 Joe Daniher - General Soreness, escalate to Full Panic Mode

RiolioRiolio Maybe it's the TB4 talking
edited December 2016 in Dustin Fletcher Hangar

DANIHER%20Joe.png

5 Games

... Ranked 1st among rising stars in Contested Marks Per Game?

Comments

• RiolioRiolio Maybe it's the TB4 talking
    Hello joe.
  • Bomber BillyBomber Billy has a big black
    Looks a gun. What was that stat? He took more contested marks than any bomber has in a game since Matthew Lloyd....and that was achieved in the 1st half against GC. All that in his 2nd or 3rd game. Hopefully we can see a full season of him in the seniors next year.
  • RED STRIPE MAGICRED STRIPE MAGIC JESUS, MARY I LOVE YOU SAVE SOULS

Just like most first year players had a couple of AFL games and now knows how difficault it is to play and compete in the AFL level. He will go back to training when he comes back and will work on the things he will need to do to become and stronger and better footy player.

I remember Jobe Watsons first game. It was against Geelong at Ethihad stadium. I'm pretty sure Essendon won by eight goals and Watson only had two handballs for the whole game and i dont think he played the game the week after. I am not putting him down just to show that from those 2 handballs he is now a brownlow medalist.

• Henry's Angry PillsHenry's Angry Pills Henry, Sir Womble of Cock
    Can't remember the exact line but his best game was one of the best recorded for a young, under 20 tall. There's a bit there.
  • JD has whet our appetite with his appearances this year.

He has shown he has a lot of ability. He can mark and is pretty mobile at ground level. However to be a top rank player he needs to learn to kick straight. Kicking for goal at the moment is poor. It must improve if we are to build a forward line around him.
  • Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

• JezzJezz Missed it by that much

Fix his goal kicking.

• Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

Yep, wasted pick. What's the point of having a forward that can't kick straight.

• Darth TajDarth Taj I find your lack of fabric disturbing
    edited September 2013

Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

Yep, wasted pick. What's the point of having a forward that can't kick straight.

Doesn't know where to lead either and constantly was out of position. Will be lucky to get a game next year and is very lucky he is in contract next season.

• Clearly only selected because of his name.  Can't blame Dodoro though, hard not to select a Daniher.

• Hello joe.

iron helps us play.

Very happy with his year. For a 4 game player to be getting 4-5 shots on goal a week is salivating for the future. Can take a contested mark, I was surprised how aggressive he (considering his frame) was and how good he was below his knees.

Get some size on the kid, and in a few years will make Tom Hawkins look like a pile of ****.

• riley13riley13 Younger and not as fat as you
    Going to be absolutely beautiful to watch him develop over the next 10 years.
  • Much bait, no bites

• Very promising. Needs to work super hard to develop to his full potential, which will take several years. Especially needs to work on his kicking for goal.
  • Like how he can find the ball, especially when rucking. Good beneath his knees, good vision, good field kick - It's essential that he fixes his goal-kicking.

• If his goal kicking gets fixed then he will monster the comp over the next ten years.

Get Llody in there!

• ZebbaZebba Brap! Braaappp!

Much bait, no bites

I had to really, really fight the urge :)

• it was probably afl game time nerves in the end. the more game time, the better he'll get. like every player.

•  

Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

Doesn't know where to lead either and constantly was out of position. Will be lucky to get a game next year and is very lucky he is in contract next season.

Pull your heads in you blokes. We're trying to build up his trade value here and your sending it through the basement.  Sheeeesh.

•  

Much bait, no bites

trolling squid or pipi works well esp Barwon Heads way
  • edited September 2013

I must admit I was hoping for a little more from JD. From five games, he scored three goals, all in the one half against GC. Converting at 25% didn't help his cause. But what was promising was his performances at VFL level where he looked too good for his more senior opponents. It was obvious that the opposition but a fair bit of work into him, and he was often double teamed in marking contests. Realistically it could be three or more years before he converts his talent into consistent performances. He looks to have the Daniher competitive streak, reads the play well, and has clean hands. He just needs the strength to be able to hold his ground in marking contests.

• edited September 2013
    Could be the greatest to benefit from some much needed forward line coaching. Get a good pre-season into him, plenty of extra weights work, and extra kicking practise ( a la Crammers) and we will have the beginnings of a functioning forward line.

I beleive we need to be smarter in playing Joe, Paddy and TBC as Ruck and 2 Key Forwards, with occasional cameos by Hurley to overload. 2 mid sized forwards (Licka, Melks or Kommer)' plus 2 from Merrett, Colyer or Hams, or Dell if he gets a Senior listing) should get a forward line that can move, crum, create leading space and get us 100 points a game.

We have the Backs, when fit we have a great mid field, Joe and others will be the deciding part whether we are top 8 or top 4.
  • Play tennis with a guy that played junior footy with JoeD.  Said Joe was kicking goals left, right and centre.  Said that his inaccurate goal-kicking would have been simply nerves.

Nothing to worry about IMO.

• RED STRIPE MAGICRED STRIPE MAGIC JESUS, MARY I LOVE YOU SAVE SOULS

if camari leaves at least we have this guy to take his place. I reakon this guy can kick 30 golas next season if he place most of the season

• Man. Crush.

• 16+ games 2014

• Darth TajDarth Taj I find your lack of fabric disturbing

AA 2014

• Dunno how many goal but just saw him warm up bench 100kg at my gym.

Dunno why he's here instead of windy or ess fields tho!
  • Hopefully 25 goals..

Think his games tally will be more important,hopefully 15 games +..
  • Bomber BillyBomber Billy has a big black
    Could kick 40 next year IMO.